A look into my strange, crazy, completely random and wonderful life.

Monday, October 17, 2011

The Curly Life: a horror story

This would be a rant about hair issues and how much they make me want to pull a Britney and just shave it all off.
I have had the blessing/curse of having naturally curly hair, that comes with the great and the horrible!
Pros: Pretty curls one in every thirty days when my hair feels like it.
Cons: Frizzy hair that could easily become a fro(not to mention when it's rainy or humid) when my demon possessed curls decide "screw you" and don't curl for crap. The coarse dryness that comes along with the joys of curls.

So lets take a trip down memory lane..

So this is my (dorky) self at sixteen/seventeen. (I had really long hair and cut it off because I was insane, although it was a pain in the ass.. lol) So my curls use to work perfectly all the time with minimal effort. I literally used a glob of L.A. Looks  gel on my towel dried hair, scrunched it and let it air dry.
That was it.

*I was very furious when they stopped making the blue brand of L.A. Looks which was like liquid gel magic for my hair, the search began for another product but nothing has ever been quite the same.. L.A Looks you shall be remembered.*


As I've gotten older I've realised how even on my "frizzy" days I had great hair, before it went over to the dark side.
And I don't mean color.
Apparently my hair gave me all it had and I didn't appreciate it and so instead of breaking up with me it just wanted to make my life a living hell.
So now my curls (which I am still grateful for...when they curl right..) are blah and frizzy and take forever to get to that "well this is as good as it's gonna get" stage.
Oh what I would do to have my pimp curls back..
(If you continue to read my blogs you'll find I have a very colorful vocabulary and I don't mean cuss words)
Anyway this was my long pointless rant about my hair, I noticed the only pictures I had up were of my straight hair and then I was forced to relive the painful realization of my tempermental hair. Which is why it is in a fabulous pony tail at this very moment, gotta love em!

4 comments:

  1. I recently cut all my hair off, because I got tired of the curls and fussing with it and trying to straighten (when the fancy struck me) and...sigh...

    I will say that after I had my kids it took a couple of years for my hair to return to 'normal'. You too will have your hair back some day. Then, you'll find yourself staring down 43 and frantically calling your hairdresser because the Evil Gray Queen is recruiting more minions to take over the rest of your head! Not that I'd know anything about that. :-) p.s. Thanks for your comment on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that first picture was at my house wasn't it? I'm sorry your hair is being demon possessed, but I ALWAYS think it looks gorgeous darling! And on days it doesn't live up to it's normal pizzazz, it's okay because your stupidly pretty face makes up for it! lol I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alienbody-LOL I LOVED the Evil Gray Queen recruiting line! I will so use that now! haha You are very welcome for the comment! :)
    Laura-I love you too darling!!! You've got a stupidly pretty face as well!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura-Oh and no the first pic was taken in my moms bathroom haha

    ReplyDelete